My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars

 

P1031628 

I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine and decided to give it a try with a few changes. First I’ll give you the ingredients from their version, then I’ll give you my recipe because I wanted to make mine with fresh cookie dough. These were a big hit with my family and the friends we had over for dinner.

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars

1 tube (18 ounces) chocolate chip cookies

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese softened

1/2 cup sugar

1 egg

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars

2/3 cup shortening

2/3 cup butter, room temperature

1 cup sugar

1 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

3 cups flour

1 teaspoon soda

1 teaspoon salt

2 cups chocolate chips

Filling

2 packages (8 ounces) cream cheese

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam. In a bowl whisk the flour, salt and soda.

In a mixer beat the sugars, shortening and butter for 3 minutes. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat well. Mix in the dry ingredients. Mix in the chocolate chips.

Spread about 2 cups or so of the dough into the prepared pan. Spread the filling over the top. Drop blobs of dough over the filling. I used about 1 cup or so of the dough.

Now you’re left with a little extra cookie dough that you can just eat or let your kids and hubby eat, oh, that’s what mine wanted to do! I wanted to just bake them up as cookies, so you decide what to do with the leftover dough!

Filling

Beat the cream cheese for 2 minutes, beat in the eggs and vanilla and mix well.

No comments: