My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

I won a trophy, Vote for Zola Mae, and Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells


Yup, I ran my 10k race yesterday! And I won 1st Place in my age group! That sure made my day! I've never received a trophy for a race before, only medals. Now I just have to figure out where to put it! The little garland crown that is around the trophy is my daughters, she had me wear it in the race. It was kind of fun having all those ribbons blowing around behind me when I was running. I got a lot of comments from other runners. The over all winner for the race was a girl! It's the first time a girl has won this race, and she had a better overall time then anyone else who has won! I thought that was so cool!


I entered a contest over at Twiddle Thumbs to name her new dress form. I came up with the name Zola Mae, after an Aunt of mine who died when she was a child. So would you mind hopping over to The Twiddle Thumbs blog and vote for Zola Mae? It's on the top right hand side of her blog. If I win the contest I get an apron, and I love aprons! So please vote for Zola Mae!

Check out all their neat ideas on the blog while you're there, these women have some great projects!





I found this recipe on The Somewhat Simple Blog the other day, and I knew I needed to try it! I was sure the kids would love it, so I had them make it! It was a success! I made a few changes, because I used what I had on hand. I didn't have the taco seasoning mix, but I knew Kevin over at Closet Cooking had a recipe for it, so I snagged his. It's at the end of the recipe. The kids put these together, and they forgot to put the rest of the salsa over the shells, so that's why they look a little naked.

Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells

1 box large pasta shells
1 jar of chunky salsa
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can refried beans, I used 1 can of black beans, drained
1 cup water, I used 1 small can of tomato sauce
1 cups cheese, grated, I used 2 cups of grated cheese

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Put the 1/2 cup salsa in a 9x13 pan and spread evenly.

Brown the hamburger, drain. Add the onion and cook until onion is transparent. Add the taco seasoning, refried beans and 1 cup of the cheese. Stir well.

Stuff the shells with the meat mixture and put in the prepared pan. Cover with the rest of the salsa and the remainder of the cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

Taco Seasoning Mix

1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon pepper

Mix all the spices together.





No comments: