My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 28, 2009

I won an Award! I Don't Know What To Fix For Dinner - Let Them It Leftover's Quiche and a Contest!

I am aso excited! I got another award! Wow, what an honor! Lana at I Love My 5 Kids presented me with the Honest Scrap Award! I haven't visited Lana's blog before, but after poking around I found an amazing mom and quite a busy woman! She has some great recipes, ( I am totally making this, Maple Oven Pancake when we get back from our trip!) a very strong faith and 5 wonderful kids! She has some great ideas! I signed up to be a follower and I'm looking forward to getting to know her better!

Here are the rules for the award.

1.) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award. ~ Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!


2.) Share "10 Honest Things" about myself.

3.) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design or those who have encouraged me.

4.) Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.

Here's my 10 things ...

1. I love to read cookbooks! I have lots, and I like to check them out at the library and find new ones on blogs!

2. I love to bake and try out all the new recipes I find!

3 I love to run on trails in the mountains! To be alone and see the beautiful places God has given us! I love to see the deer and the gorgeous trees! I never would of thought that our desert state of Utah would have places that are lush and green in the heat of the summer! Sometimes I have to stop and close my eyes and smell the damp green smells that I grew up with in the woods where we lived in Washington!

4. I like to do laundry! I know, I can't believe after being married for 29 years and hating laundry, now I actually like it! I love to get the stains out, I love hanging clothes on the clothes line.

5. I like to clean up my kitchen! I know, I used to hate it, now I like to keep it picked up!

6. I won't take the leaves out of our dinning room table. It drives my hubby nuts. He thinks we don't need it. I feel like if I take it out it means my kids won't be coming home for dinner. We still have two left at home, but we have 2 married and one on his own. I just want it big so that there is always room in case they drop in. I know, they don't even live in the same state as us. It's silly, but it's just how I feel. I probably still keep it in even after the kids leave home!

7. I love marshmallows! I love them out of the bag, burned over the campfire or toasted nice and brown. I really like them melted in my chocolate malt o meal!

8. I hate rattlesnakes! They creep me out and scare the day lights out of me when I see them! I try to do all my trail running early, early in the morning before it warms up and they come out. I have run into several on runs, and I HATE them!

9. I adore my 3 grandchildren! I think of them all the time and I love hearing them in the back ground when I talk to my daughter! They are getting so good at talking on the phone now! I also love pictures of them!

10. I have a hard time looking at pictures of my kids when they were little. It makes me sad that they're not little anymore....where did the time go? That's probably why I have so many pictures that need to be scrapbooked. I love my kids for who they are now and I love every minute I spend with them, but I guess I miss that they aren't around all the time like they were when they were little.

Okay, for the 7 blogs…in no particular order…


1.
Songbirdtiff Tiffany has some great decorating ideas, craft ideas and recipes! I can't wait to try her Raw Apple Cake! She is also an amazing mom to 5 kids!

2.
SomeWhat Simple Stephanie has wonderful craft ideas and recipes! I just came across her blog recentely, and I can't wait to try some of her projects! She has lots of tutorials too!

3.
Samster Mommy Natasha has some wonderful sewing projects! I came across her blog a while back, and I can't wait to try some of her projects! She also has some great looking recipes!
I can't wait to try this
tuxedo t-shirt!

4.
Tuffet Jennie, my own sweet daughter is a wonderful mom, terrific cook and has very creative craft ideas! She's also a whiz at all things computer! She is the mother of three very terrific wee ones and my only grandchildren! She's in the middle of packing for a move to the East Coast, so she hasn't been keeping up her blog, but do check it out! She'll be back to it soon!

5.
Jannypie Crafts Jan has lots of terrific ideas! She made a great looking bag here that I really want to make!

6.
Made By Rae Rae is a terrific seamstress! I have several of her ideas book marked! I want to get her Likety Split Bag pattern!

7.
I Have To Say Randi has a great blog! She's a runner too! Ooh, and she's fast, 32 minutes for a 5k! She sells some terrific looking fabric and has some great tutorials!

This was so fun sharing some of my favorite blogs! Wow, all of these women are so inspiring! I just need to get busy and try some of their wonderful ideas, projects and recipes! Thank you all so much for sharing your ideas out here in blogland!










I came up with this recipe years ago when I was in a hurry to make dinner and didn't want to make a crust for the quiche. I've even made this without the meat. My two guys ate 3 pieces a piece last night!

Leftover's Quiche


1 cup any meat, cubed, I used Italian Sausage(removed from casings and fried)
1/2 cup chopped green veggie (I used zucchini)
1 tomato, seeded and chopped
1 small onion, sauted
1 cup cheese, grated, I used cheddar
1 3/4 cup milk
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/4 teaspoon smoky paprika
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a large pie pan with Pam.

In a blender mix the eggs, milk flour, baking powder and spices. Layer the meat, veggies and cheese in pie pan. Pour milk mixture over all. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.

Here's a contest for you. Head over to Fireflies and Jellybeans to win some Brea Marie Creations!

Also go to Frugal Antics of A Harried Housewife to win Nature Valley Granola Nut Clusters!



1 comment:

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

Carol- Thanks so much for choosing ME! You are so thoughtful! I loved reading those things about you- if I accept this award will you come do MY laundry?!?!?! That is the one thing I despise more than anything else in the world!