My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

Today is Works-For-Me-Wednesday idea hit me as I was letting the cuff out of my son's suit slacks. I've told him for the last few years that he can't have a birthday because I don't want him to grow up! But, alas, he keeps getting taller! I bought his suit because the slacks had a cuff and I figured I could let it out and he could wear them a little longer.


As I was getting ready to press them I remembered back when I was a teenager and I decided I didn't want to wear my mini-skirts anymore, but didn't want to get rid of them (since I had made them and they had 2 inch hems) I would just let the hems down. I had trouble ironing out the creases, so my mom told me to use a cloth soaked in vinegar and water to dampen the old crease. Well, I just so happen to have a spray bottle with water and a couple of tablespoons of water in it (I keep it by the front door to spray the dogs when they try to jump on people, they don't like the vinegar in their eyes, so when they see me grab the bottle, they run!) so, I grabbed it and sprayed the crease!



Viola! The creases are gone! So, there are two vinegar and water tricks that work for me!

Has anyone figured out a way to keep kids from growing up? I thought if all of us mom's banned together we could come up with something. You know, before they hit that age when they don't want to hang out with mom and they don't talk much....

Now head on over to
We Are That Family and see what everyone else has shared, but first check out the recipe I found for using up some zucchini!




Have you visited Kevin at Closet Cooking? He always has the best recipes! He is also really good at taking pictures of his food. That's something I need to work on! The other day on his blog he mentioned that when he bought zucchini at the farmers market they gave him some extra. I've had lots of people giving me veggie's, and I hate to say no! I was excited that he had a recipe for Chocolate Zucchini bread, and it's a healthy version! It has lower fat, he's included some yogurt and whole wheat flour. I left out the nuts, my kiddo's like things without nuts. So, I made three loaves yesterday! I still have lots of zucchini though! So if you need any.....I could do some door ditches when it's dark tonight....


Chocolate Zucchini Bread

1 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup nuts, chopped
1 cup zucchini, grated with peel on
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with Pam.

Put all the dry ingredients into a mixer and mix on low. Add the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 50-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the loaf pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.


1 comment:

Megan said...

Love the hem trick. I'll tuck that little piece of info away for a time when I need it. I also keep a water bottle by the front door for my dog. He hates to get wet. :)
Your Zucchini bread looks awesome. I'll have to give it a try. Unfortunitly I live too far away to be door bell ditched but I could use some of your zucchini. Guess I'll hit up the Farmer's Market.