My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Overnight Three-Grain Waffles With Praline Syrup

Aren't husbands great! This is my sweet husbands pride and joy! It's a 1930 REO Firetruck. He loves to drive it around town and he even lets us ride with him! The big ball in the back was filled with water to use for a water party they had at church. He filled all their squirt guns from it. The other one is an old water tank he used to squirt water at the kids!



I was looking through another cookbook last night and this recipe caught my eye. I liked that I could make it up before I went to bed, and it would be ready to cook in the waffle maker in the morning. Mmm, hot waffles! I also liked the idea of trying a different kind of syrup. These waffles have a great texture and I will be making them again!




Overnight Three-Grain Waffles


1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup oat bran
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
3 eggs
1/3 cup oil

In a large bowl measure all dry ingredients and whisk to mix. Add the milk, eggs and oil and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 1 hour at room temperature or 2 to 24 hours in the refrigerator.

To bake, pour batter into a preheated waffle iron and bake according to manufacturer's directions. Use a fork to remove waffle from grid. Keep hot. Reppeat with remaining batter. Serve immediately with Praline Syrup.

Praline Syrup

3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup canned milk
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a small saucepan combine the sugars and canned milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until boiling, stirring constantly to dissolve sugars. Boil, uncovered for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts, I used walnuts, butter and vanilla. Stir until butter melts. Serve over hot waffles.




No comments: