My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Chocolate Streusel Topped Chocolate Chip Muffins


When I was a little girl my mother gave me this cookie jar. I have always loved it! She would often fill it with cookies. My mother loves to make cookies! I think I inherited that! Is there a cookie gene? Of course I had to share the cookies, but it was my cookie jar. After I got married I acquired the salt and pepper shakers, I can't remember where. Then a few months ago I found the pitcher that matches! I was so excited! So I gave them a nice place on my counter. Someday I'll pass them onto my daughters. Hopefully with a love of cookies! They are now a favorite in my kitchen!

My daughter Sloan wanted muffins for breakfast this morning. I asked her what kind and her eyes lit up and she said chocolate chip! I said how about chocolate chip with a strusele topping and she said does that have cinnamon and I said yes. Then I thought hey, why does it have to have cinnamon? So I came up with chocolate streusle topped chocolate chip muffins. They were a hit! And what girl doesn't want some chocolate to start the day?

Chocolate Streusle Topped Chocolate Chip Muffins

2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips

Streusle Topping

1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
3 tablespoons firm butter
Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk to mix. Add wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Use a 1/4 cup ice cream scoop and scoop into greased muffin tins. In a small bowl mix brown sugar, flour and cocoa with a whisk. Add butter and using a pastry cut mix until small crumbs form, the size of peas. Put a tablespoon full on top of each muffin. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.



No comments: