My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Setting Up A Blog On A Dedicated Server

I started my blog out on a free hosting site, Blogger. My blog has grown by leaps and bounds. Blogger was great for getting started, but now I need to expand. 

When I started out I was just playing with my blog. Now that I have a clear picture of what my blog is about, I’m ready to make the switch to a dedicated server.

By talking with other bloggers I have found out that having a blog with a website address that you choose on your own is the best thing to do. When you do that you have to have a company “host” your blog. This means that they’re storing your blog for you. To keep the costs low the hosting is usually shared with other websites. The other option is to use dedicated hosting in which you’re the only company or blog on the server.

I did a little research one day and found a blogger who had a manual all made up on what to do. Since I’m not real computer savvy, I decided to use her expertise to set up my blog on a dedicated server. I’m in the process of working through that now.

One of my favorite things about a blog is that they are organized in chronological order.  The latest entry is displayed first.

Now that my blog has grown so much I’m ready to go on to my own domain. If you’re like me and you’ve reached this point, all you have to do is to simply make your last blog entry the announcement of your "move". So, just make your last entry a statement that your blog has "moved" and type the new blog URL address in. This will direct visitors to your new blog site, keeping your following, without a major inconvenience to anyone. Upgrade as you need to, but just what you need to do.

I am participating in a blogger campaign in behalf of The Small Business Authority, which provides dedicated server. I received compensation to facilitate this post. However, the views and opinions are my own.

No comments: