My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 29, 2011

An Adventure and A Couple Of Gashes!

I went out for a wonderful run with a friend yesterday. The sun came up as we got up the mountain to the second bench level, it felt glorious! We ran up to a new trail we’ve been wanting to take for a while (we’ve been waiting for the snow to melt!). The trail was beautiful! It wound into a little canyon and there was a wonderful little bridge that crossed over a little creek. I was in the lead and I called back to my friend to be careful because the bridge looked wet! I slowed down and cautiously took a few steps. My foot started to slip, but I caught myself! Yay me! Then I took another step and my foot hit ice and Wham! Down I went, crosswise to the bridge with my feet in the creek! My chin and my right hand it the bridge, but I kept my left hand (the one I broke and just got the final stiches out the day before) from getting hurt. So, I got myself up and yelled I’m ok! I looked back and my friend was crawling over the bridge, that’s right, she didn’t want to fall! She looked down and said there’s blood! I said I don’t see any blood on my hands. The she looked at me and said, oh my gosh, your chin is bleeding! I grabbed my rolled up gloves out of my pocket and dunked them in the cold, cold creek and pressed them onto my chin. Then we started off up the trail. I happended to look down at my right hand and noticed that I had a big gash in the top of my thumb. I yelled that I needed to go back to the creek, so I washed off my hand and held my thumb in the creek for a minute.

We then  took off up the trail and headed down the mountain so I could get some stitches or something. So I’m running along with my left hand pressing the gloves to my chin and holding my right thumb up to slow the bleeding and we’re running along chatting about running injures!

I got myself home and started looking for my sweet hubby so he could doctor me up, but he was an hour away on his way to work. I really didn’t want to go to the doctor for stitches (it was the idea of a shot in my chin to numb it). I called a friend and she told me to come right over. My friend got to work on my and was able to pull the gash on my chin shut with some steri strips. She made me sit with ice on it for half and hour while she went to work on my thumb.

I went home and spent most of the day watching tv with an ice pack held up to my chin. I’m a little stiff and sore today, but some Motrin will take care of that.

So, if you were wondering why the lack of posts yesterday, that was why. I’m still a little sore this morning, but I’m heading out for a run, lunch with friends and then I have to work.

1 comment:

Kokoda Track said...

just nice I have a story like this here. Thanks for sharing ;)u'r such a brave person.