Vlasic pickles—America’s favorite pickles—offer great flavor that is low in calories with no fat. Always crunchy and juicy, Vlasic pickles are available in nine key segments including Kosher Dill Spears, Bread and Butter Chips, Ovals, Sweet Gherkins, Large and Small Whole Dills, Stackers, Relish and Peppers. Look for the familiar Stork character on the jar in supermarkets near you.
I was excited to hit the pickle aisle at the store for this review! Did you know that Vlassic has 100 flavors and sizes of pickles? Who knew? That means there is a pickle variety to please everyone! I love any kind of pickle, but my sweet hubby only likes pickle relish and sweet pickles. I have really enjoyed trying out some of the variety of pickles. I really liked the Kosher Dill Spears, they have such a nice tang and they’re nice and crunchy too.
SLIDERS WITH PICKLE CHIPOTLE SAUCE
1 pack, King’s Hawaiian Bred Rolls
1 pound CHICKEN, PORK or STEAK, cooked and chopped
FOR THE PICKLE CHIPOTLE SAUCE:
1 small can Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce (use sauce, too)
2 Roma Tomatoes, rinsed and diced
1 Vlasic® Dill Pickle, diced
1 teaspoon Vlasic® Pickle Juice
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Slice open the rolls and lay flat on a surface.
2. Bake, grill or roast the chicken, pork or steak. Let cool and chop or shred. Put on the slider bun.
3. To make the sauce, add all ingredients to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add to the meat on the bun. Make sliders.
GRILLED CATFISH SANDWICH WITH DILL RELISH
Makes 2 sandwiches
1 pound Catfish, de-boned and grilled
1 tablespoon, Old Bay Seasoning
½ cup mayonnaise
2 Vlasic® Kosher Dill Pickles, finely chopped
1 sprig fresh dill, minced
1 teaspoon hot sauce (use your favorite)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Torpedo-style rolls, warmed, cut in half
1. Clean, season and grill the catfish until flakey.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, make the relish by adding the mayo, pickles, dill, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Heat the rolls up on the grill or oven.
4. Build your sandwich by adding the fish, then relish.
GRILLED CUBAN SUBS
Makes 2 subs
2 loafs hero-style French bread
4 tablespoons French’s® Yellow Mustard
4 Vlasic® Kosher Dill Stackers
4 slices, Swiss cheese
6 slices, Virginia ham
4 tablespoons roast pork, chopped or pulled
1. Half the bread lengthwise.
2. Spread the mustard on both sides.
3. Add 2 pickle slices per sub on top of the mustard, then add the Swiss cheese on top of them.
4. Fold ham in half and add evenly. Then add the pork on top of the ham.
5. Fold Subs together and grill until bread is nice and toasty and cheese is melted.
(You can place a large, heavy pan on top while grilling to make this a true Panini!)
TEXAS-STYLE HOT DOG
For the Hotdogs:
4 Kosher All Beef hot dogs
4 good quality hot dog buns
For the Pickleslaw:
2 cups shredded cabbage
2 teaspoons celery seed
4 tablespoons Vlasic® Relish
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups barbecue sauce (use your favorite smoky flavor)
1. Add shredded cabbage to a large mixing bowl.
2. Add celery seed, relish, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well and put aside.
3. Grill/boil/bake hot dogs and buns until desired doneness.
4. Now build your Texas Dog. Spread some barbecue sauce on the bun, add the hot dog, as much Pickleslaw as you want and enjoy!
Have I gotten you in the mood for pickles? Well, soon we’ll be thinking about picnic’s and summer fare, so be sure and pick up some Vlassic pickles when you’re at the store.
If you would like to try out some other great recipes, just stop by here.
~I received a product sample in order to write my review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed are mine.