My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Get Fit For 2011~From Fat To Fit~Book Review

 image

From Fat to Fit: Turn Yourself into a Weapon of Mass Reduction

In my latest book, I'm on a mission to communicate an empowering message: "You and your friends can have fun, get fit and lose weight!"

Just before turning 60, I totally remade my life. After chronicling my 62-pound weight loss—shrinking from a size 18 to a size 6—in weekly newspaper articles, I inspired more than 1,000 people to team up and lose nearly 8,000 pounds of fat in two months.

Dr. Henry S. Lodge, coauthor of the New York Times Best Seller Younger Next Year and Younger Next Year for Women, calls it "a remarkable book about the remarkable person inside each of us. Whenever you decide to take charge of the rest of your life, Carole Carson will be waiting to show you the way."

I mess around about my vino gut and lack of enjoyment in regard to sweat but truth be told; I’m half serious.

No, I’m not a big girl, I don’t shop in the plus department, and I don’t struggle for breath walking around the block. However, I am increasingly aware of the extra lining that is making itself comfortable around my middle. I do believe that I could easily fall into a category of normal weight obesity.

Since my back injury, exercise has not been easy; my adoration for food and wine, my disdain for sweat, and the indoor girl have all left me with a complex that if ignored I could end up with some serious health concerns.

Sometime reaching within and finding sources of motivation are just as hopeless as the situations we struggle with. Obesity has become a frightening epidemic in our country. ….if you are among those of us that struggle and find yourself wallowing in the despair of this rampant demon I don’t need to tell you the consequences of livin large:

Fatigue, hypertension, heart disease, high cholesterol, diabetes, depression, isolation, personal persecution ………..you know.

We are desperate and silently suffering, but what do we do about?

We pull up our big girl panties and reach for Carole Carson!

I laughed aloud, cried, celebrated, and enjoyed every minute of Carole’s journey and sobering experience in her fight against obesity.

Carole at the age of  60 took on her demons and helped an whole community take on theirs too! Together they made lifestyle changes, became friends, and lost 4 tons of fat! Her approach is holistic and excludes pills and special diets.

I think the biggest impact on me was when Carole said “YOU can make time for an hour of exercise a day or you can make time for an illness later.” Think about that for a minute……..obesity makes us sick and even kills us……an unattractive and painful spiral.

Moderation and motivation are key components to Carole’s holistic approach and attitude against the lard monster! Carole not only transformed her own life, but has become a catalytic agent of change for so many others.

Key points in Carole’s book are:

· A process for shaping up without following any particular diet.

· A roadmap for creating a personal fitness plan with co-workers, friends, and family (even strangers).

· Tips for integrating your program into your everyday life.

· Ideas to make it fun.

· Reduction of medications

· Lower blood pressure

· Increased stamina and energy

Her book comes with a warning that is representative of her personality and writing style.

WARNING: READING THIS BOOK MAY DRAMATICALLY CHANGE IMPROVE YOUR LIFESTYLE! POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS: A SUDDEN IMPULSE TO GET IN SHAPE AND MAKE FRIENDS

I assure you the read is all worth the risk!

I really enjoyed this book! Carole has quite a knack for writing, and she draws you right in. She has a great sense of humor that makes you just want to keep reading! I love that Carole doesn’t promote a diet regime, she just gives lots of great advise on eating and living a healthy lifestyle.

You can connect with Carole Carson on Twitter!

You can join the Fat To Fit AARP Online Community here. They offer encouragement, weight loss tips, answers to your questions about nutrition and Fitness and they offer weekly prizes!

No comments: