My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chilling Tales Book Review

 

                                         

What the Critics are Saying:

"When I read this book, all my troubles go down the drain." - I.P. Freely

"I am flushed with excitement. I can't wait to read this book." - The Porcelain God

Dark Entries: Review of 'Chilling Tales from the Porcelain Seat'

I always imagined that plumbers everywhere are pointing their fingers and laughing at us. Sure, they bear the brunt of many bad-humor jokes, but when their pockets are fat-look who's laughing now!

Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson of Ghost Hunters fame have made plumbing wizard Roto-Rooter synonymous with the paranormal world. The two have partnered to bring you Chilling Tales from the Porcelain Seat, true tales of the strange and unexplainable in the perplexing world of plumbing. And perplexed you will be after reading what some people consider ok to push down their pipes-including beer bottles and a variety of animals (not just fish!).

Chilling Tales is a perfect little vignette bathroom reader (c'mon, we all do it) and a fun novelty book that actually has some helpful factoids and toilet tips in it. The true stories and bizarre accounts that actual Roto-Rooter plumbers share are both hilarious and horrifying. There's even a whole section dedicated to those wacky DIY fanatics who take on way more than they can handle. Grant and Jason's advice? If you don't wanna die, don't DIY (well, actually I said that) because plumbing is a dirty and sometimes dangerous job!

What I thought~

I thought this was a great little book to keep in the library um, bathroom for reading material. I’ve heard some laughing come out of the bathroom when I’ve walked by, so I know that the rest of the family is enjoying it too!

Some of the categories in the book are~

You Found What In My Drain

Getting To The Root Of The Problem

DIY Gone Wrong

Self Help, Maintenance, Going Green & Saving Green

Taking Care Of Business

Best Of The Rest:Porcelain Worship and Other Musings

 

You can purchase this book at Amazon or at Chilling Tales!

~I received a product sample in order to write my review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed are mine.

1 comment: