My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Butter Brickle Scones

I really like making scones, so many choices in what you can add to them! I also like that they're fairly quick to make too. If you cover them really well in glaze any leftovers will last more than a day too. That's if there's any left!

Butter Brickle Scones

2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon soda
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 - 1/3 cup water
1/3 cup butter brickle chips

heat oven to 450 degrees.

Whisk the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the sour cream and 1/4 cup water. Mix with a wooden spoon until it comes together adding more water if necessary to form a ball, mix in butter brickle chips. Pat onto a floured surface about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into wedges like you're cutting a pie. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Coat with glaze.

Glaze

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
milk

Mix adding enough milk to make a nice glaze. Coat scones with glaze.




4 comments:

Jennifer said...

These look just delish! You always post recipes that make my mouth water!

Anonymous said...

I got so excited when I realized I have all the ingredients to make this! Hoping to try it sometime soon!

Team Chastain said...

Wow!! These look so incredible! Can I come to your house and live? LOL

Anonymous said...

Took me time to read the whole article, the article is great but the comments bring more brainstorm ideas, thanks.

- Johnson