My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Applesauce Drop Cookies

I like this recipe because of the applesauce. It still has a lot of fat in it, but it does have some whole wheat flour, so it seems healthier! The kids loved them!

Applesauce Drop Cookies

1 cup applesauce
3/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 3/4 cup oatmeal
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chips

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl whisk the dry ingredients.

Cream the shortening and sugars. Add the applesauce. Mix in the dry ingredients mixing well. Add the chocolate chips. Drop onto cookie sheets with a cookie scoop and bake for 10 minutes. Remove to racks to cool.

2 comments:

Barbara Bakes said...

We love applesauce cookies are our house. I like the addition of oats and whole wheat flour in yours. I posted about the awards you gave me today. Thanks!

Kylie said...

Love it. Your recipes here look so divine.

I'm following you back! :)