My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tote Bag Made Out Of A Drop Cloth!

Linking with Tickled Pink No. 504 Main Fridays!

I'm linking with Bobby Pins Boardwalk for the Boardwalk Bragfest!

I'm linking up with The T~Shirt Diaries for Upcycled Awesome, be sure and check out the other projects!

I'm joining Kara's link party over at Creations By Kara for Look What I Made!
I'm also linking up with My Life With Rats and More for Wobble Over Wednesday! Be sure and join us and meet some new friends!

I'm linking up with Tea Rose Home's Link Party! Here's my latest project~

I made this tote bag and small zippered pouch the other day. It's made out of a drop cloth and the rosettes are made out of the hem that I cut off the edges of the drop cloth. I've been making pillows out of drop clothes with similar pattern and I thought it would make a fun tote bag!




I lined both of the bags with muslin and the tote bag has two inside pockets. I want to make a few more, so I was wondering if anyone is interested in a tutorial?



25 comments:

Kady L. said...

YES, YES, YES *please*

Unknown said...

That is SO beautiful. WOW!! I love it. There is no way I could make one though. It is beautiful!

Sisters of Grace said...

I would love to know how you made that!

Right now i am making curtians out of drop cloth and i might have some extras!


♥Michelle

Jill said...

The Tote Bag and Pouch turned out Awesome!!

It's nice to meet you. I'm now Following you via Wobble Over Wednesday :)

~ Jill
http://frugalplus.com/

BusyB said...

:) darn .... i wish i had that talent lol! creative!!!

BusyB said...

:) darn .... i wish i had that talent lol! creative!!!

Heidi - D said...

Yes. Me please! Tutorials save my life!

Deanna said...

I see your follow and raise you a comment.
PS I L-O-V-E these bags. I can't enough of ruffles, flowers, and bows lately.
xoxoxo

Judy said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. Im now following your blog. I like the bag. Have a great day!

Dawn said...

following from wobble over wednesday

Jenna said...

Carol those are adorable! I would LOVE to see a tutorial :)

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

Well that is just adorable! Great thinking with the drop cloth! You did a REALLY nice job!

FindOverstock.com said...

thanx for visiting. we are now following you too.

cheers.

Maria

www.findoverstock.com
find great products to sell on ebay

Jen said...

How very pretty AND feminine! I would LOVE a tutorial and would also be very interested in BUYING one if you make a bunch!!! =]

Traci66 said...

Thank you for coming by via WOW and following me. I actually already follow you. I am glad we will be following each other.

Robin Ange said...

So cool! I would love it if you would link this project to my Upcycled Awesome linky party

http://www.thetshirtdiaries.com/2010/06/upcycled-awesome-linky-party-2.html

Robin Ange said...

So honored you linked up to my linky party I LOVE the purses and want one!

Jess said...

These are SOOOO cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. Thank you so much for linking to my party, Carol. I LOST YOU!!! I'm so happy to have you back. I did revamp my blog some time ago and found that I lost quite a few people, and tried to gather them all back up. I'm so glad that I can follow you again.

I absolutely LOVE that purse. I must get some dropcloth.

Olivia said...

Those are VERY cute!! You definitely have a gift!

Bonnie Weeks said...

Very cute!

Kara said...

I love canvas dropcloth projects. This one is so dang cute. I'd love a tutorial! :0

Holly Lefevre said...

LOVE this. I was just painting something today and thought..wow this drop cloth could be used for some many things...and then I see this. It is gorgeous. I adore items made with the unexpected. I am tickled Pink.

malia said...

tutorial? yes please! great idea and beautifully executed!

Home-Mom said...

this is so stinking cute, and a tutorial would be awesome!
new follower from look what i made ;)