My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sour Cream Pancakes


I found this recipe over at Holly's blog Phe/Mom/enon and had to try it. It's a recipe that she tried from the cookbook Pioneer Woman Cooks. I'm thinking I'm going to have to buy this cookbook, because I love her blog. If you haven't visited Pioneer Woman, you can find her here. I had never seen a pancake recipe with so much sour cream and so little flour! I'm not a huge pancake fan, especially if they are thick pancakes (I'm more of a crepe person), but these were wonderful, light and fluffly and practically melting in my mouth! Of course I made Sloan's with chocolate chips in them!

Sour Cream Pancakes


2 cups sour cream
14 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a bowl whisk the dry ingredients. Gently stir in the sour cream until almost blended.

In a small bowl whisk the eggs and vanilla. Fold into the sour cream mixture until just barely mixed together. Drop by 1/2 cupfuls onto a hot griddle sprayed with Pam. Cook until bubbly, then flip and cook until edges look dry.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yum, Carol. These look magnificent. Found you through Thelma's traveling shoes post. I live in Utah as well. Park City. I blog about nothing special but it sure is fun. Wanted to comment just to make you smile. Hope it does. Happy Friday!