My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Lemon Oat Scones


I found this recipe over at A Year From Oak Cottage. It sounded so yummy I had to try them. They are so good! I love the light lemon flavor with the oats.



Before I forget, be sure and stop by Thelma and check out a unique game she's playing, kind of a giveaway. It's called the Sisterhood of The Traveling Shoes! You can enter to win the shoes for one month, then you wear them and tell about what you did in them! I think it sounds pretty fun and could help get us through a dreary winter month! Check out her blog, and click on the picture of the shoes on the left of her blog that looks like the one above and see where the shoes have been!

Lemon Oat Scones


2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, cold and cut into bits
2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup buttermillk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
butter for brushing
sugar for sprinkling

Heat oven to 425 degrees.

In a large bowl whisk all the dry ingedients.

In a measuring cup whip the wet ingedients with a fork. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until it just starts coming together. Turn onto a floured counter top and knead 2-3 times. Roll in a ball then flatten it out to a 8-9 inch round. Cut with a knife into wedges. Sprinkle with sugar. I used a leftover lemon cream cheese frosting. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.



1 comment:

Rhyleysgranny said...

These look and sound wonderful. I have some clotted cream going off so I think I shall make these. Lovely.