My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Surprise Muffins and A Little About A New Shop Nearby CalledThe Back Porch Gift Baskets

I could hear the wind just howling this morning as I was getting up at 5am! I wanted to get in a quick street run before the mountain run I'm going on with my friends! Crazy huh? I use to not like running on the streets, but lately I've been enjoying it, and I can't run in the mountains when it's dark, but I like the quiet streets with the street lights twinkling.

After the kids get to school I'm going up to Preston Idaho which is about 60 miles away to visit a new store called The Back Porch Gift Baskets. I'm taking a friend to check out this fun store I've been reading about. Brandi makes some wonderful baked goods, which we can't wait to try, and she's got some fun seasonal crafts. I'm excited to visit her shop, so I'll tell you all about it tomorrow! Here's a list of the baked goods she has today -
Butterscotch Creamies, Mint Caramel Brownies,Banana Cream Cake, Coconut Cream Bars, and Blondie Toffee Brownies!

Sloan was a little upset that I didn't make her favorite chocolate chip muffins the morning I made these, she hates trying new things, but she ended up loving them! Out of 12 muffins, my poor hubby only got 2!
Mmm, I think she's doing a little better trying new things!

Surprise Muffins

2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup or so jam, any flavor

Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with Pam.

Whisk all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix in the egg, vanilla, oil and milk until well blended. Put 1 tablespoon or so in each muffin cup. Top with 1 teaspoon jam. Cover with more batter filling each cup about 3/4 full. Bake for 22-24 minutes. Let cool a little, jam tends to stay real hot.


1 comment:

Dianna said...

Looks like some yummy deserts.

Please click on my name, some ideas on how to display all those baked goods.