My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Super Easy Dessert, Caramel Pie


This is a super simple pie that only takes a few ingredients. You do have to boil the sweetened condensed milk a head of time. I found this recipe over at The Shabby Chic Cottage. My family loved this pie! It is a little rich, so you only need a small piece.

Caramel Pie

2 cans Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Graham Cracker Crust
Cool Whip or Whipped Cream

Remove the labels from the Sweetened Condensed Milk and put in a big pot and fill with water. Make sure that you keep water over the top of the cans the whole time it's boiling. I used a soup pot to make sure that I kept enough water over the tops of the cans. Boil for 8 hours. Remove the cans and let them cool on a towel.

I made my pie crust with 2 long crackers out of a sleeve of graham crackers, then I crushed the rest of the crackers. I added 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of melted butter then just mushed it all flat in a pie pan with a spoon. Then I baked it at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool. Now just open the cans of sweetened condensed milk and smooth it over your crust. I covered it and let it chill in the refrigerator. When your ready to serve it just cover it with cool whip and slice or slice and put some whipped cream on it.

No comments: