My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Contest and Microwave Peanut Brittle


I found a contest you might be interested in Little Cook, a featured iTunes App Store game for kids is announcing a new contest to find the cutest critic! The first prize winner will receive a $50 iTunes gift card and a free copy of the Little Cook iPhone application! Additional winners will also receive iTunes gift cards, along with the Little Cook app. To enter, visit the Little Cook Contest webpage to upload your favorite photo of your child enjoying his/her favorite meal!



My mom found this recipe years ago and my dad would make it at Christmas. My dad doesn't cook much so he loved this easy recipe. He's diabetic now, so he doesn't make it anymore. I should take him a couple of pieces for a treat! Chauncey and I made it after school and it's really fast, easy and good!


Microwave Peanut Brittle


Spray a 9x13 inch dish with Pam.

1 cup sugar
1 cup peanuts
1/2 cup corn syrup

Stir together and cook in a microwave for 4 minutes. Remove and add-

1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon vinegar

Cook 4 more minutes, then add-

1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon soda

Stir together. Pour into a buttered dish. When it's cool break it into pieces.

*If your microwave is a lower wattage you'll want to cook it a little longer. You want the syrup to just start to get a little brown.


1 comment:

Lori said...

You are a baking, making fiend!! I wish I have time to do all this and if I had kids I wold more than likely make the time to do it. Wonderful recipes again Carol!