My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chunky Christmas Cookies


Sloan had this cute little tee shirt we bought at Walmart, but she didn't like wearing it because she thought the vest looked funny without a back.

So I decided to make her a back for it. I didn't have any black knit, but I did have some black polyester cotton fabric, so I cut out some little tie pieces and sewed them on.




She really liked it! This is her after school, so the ties got a little squished.


I found some really great directions for hair updo's over at That's So Cuegly. Linds was actually guest blogging over at A Few Good Things so you can find the post here. This is Sloan's hair with one of the styles. She really liked it!


Here's a side view!


I wanted to make some cookies with red and green M&M's, so I came up with this recipe.

Chunky Christmas Cookies

1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soda
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup red and green M&M’s

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat sugar and butter under light and fluffy about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla; beat. Whisk flour, salt and soda,add until just combined. Fold in coconut, chocolate chips and M&Ms.

Bake at 350 for approximately 13 minutes or until lightly browned.

No comments: