My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Some Goodies I made and Caramel Cheesecake Bars

I decided to make some little goodie bundles for my Visiting Teaching ladies this month. I found some pretty fall dishcloths at Walmart and some fuzzy socks. I wrapped some pretty paper around them to spiff them up a little. I also wrapped a couple of cans with paper. I'm going to put candy in them for my Visiting Teachers.

Fall is in the air! Don't you love fall food flavors? Pumpkin, Gingerbread, and how about Caramel? Well here's something I came across in a Southern Living Cookbook. This was pretty easy to make and oh my gosh, does it taste good! I only had a little taste, then I covered it and put it in hiding in the back of the refrigerator! It was really easy to make too!

Caramel Cheesecake Bars

2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
3 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla

Caramel Topping

2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk*
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Stir together the graham cracker crumbs and the melted butter. Pour into a 9x13 pan and press into pan.

Bake for 8 minutes and cool on a wire rack.

Beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Combine the sugar and flour and whisk well. Add to the cream cheese. Beat in the eggs one at a time and add the vanilla.

Pour over the crust. Bake for 40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes then pour warm caramel frosting over cheesecake bars.

Carmel Frosting

Place all the ingredients in a heavy saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium low heat. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until it reaches a pudding like thickness. Remove from heat.


Sweetened Condenesed Milk

  1. Pour 1/2 cup of boiling water into a blender.
  2. Add 1 cup of nonfat dry milk.
  3. Add 2/3 cup sugar.
  4. Add 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
  5. Add a few drops of vanilla.
  6. Cover and blend on high speed for 30 seconds or until smooth.
  7. Remove from the blender.
  8. Use in a recipe immediately or store in a covered container in the refrigerator.








1 comment:

Frieda Loves Bread said...

I would love to have you as my V.T.~ what a great idea!
The caramel cheesecake looks divine and I appreciate your sweetened condensed milk recipe.

You have "Tips" printed on your post, but nothing under it...