My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Sloan's New Skirt and Pumpkin French Toast

A while back on the Marie-Madeline Studio blog she had a tutorial on turning a mans shirt into a feminine top. I went out shopping not long after that to our local second hand store (D.I.) and found a peachy pink mans shirt and a cute piece of leaf print fabric with the same peachy pink color. There is about 2 yards of fabric, and it was $2, the shirt was $2 and I paid a dollar for the package of pin backs for the fabric pin, and I already had a berret for the flower barret, so the whole outfit cost about $2.10! If you haven't been to Marie-Madeline Studio blog you've been missing out! She shares wonderful ideas and even some recipes. They have an Etsy store with wonderful fabrics too! I still haven't decided what to do with the fabric I bought from their store.


This is the easiest skirt pattern I have ever sewn! I can cut it out and sew it in less than 30 minutes! It's one pattern piece, you cut it on the fold, and you cut two of them. Sew the side seams together, make a casing on the top, thread the elastic through, and hem it! It a New Look pattern #6856.


This is the pin and the barret. The pin is on the left. I just cut out two simple flower shapes, 2 of each fabric. Then I pinched them in the back and sewed the pinch pleat in, then I sewed the button on. For the berret, I was out of fabric, so I just cut some little strips of fabric. The buttons came from my button jar.


I found this jar at D.I. a while back and couldn't pass it up. It says Butter Pretzels on the jar, but I thought it would be perfect for my button collection!



Here are the back of the pin and barret.



I was in a hurry this morning to fix breakfast for the kids because Chauncey had piano lessons before school. I opened the fridge and saw some leftover pumpkin, so I grabbed some eggs and milk and came up with Pumpkin French Toast! It was a big hit!

Pumpkin French Toast

1 cup milk
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup pancake mix
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg
5 slices whole wheat bread

In a wide bowl, beat the egg and the milk. Add the pumpkin and mix well. Mix in the pancake mix.

Heat a griddle and spray with Pam. Dip the bread into the pumpkin mixture and coat both sides. Fry on griddle until golden brown, flip and fry the other side until golden.

Serve with butter and syrup.




No comments: