My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Rock Necklaces, Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles and A Contest!

I went on a nice run Saturday morning up in the mountains, and while I was there I started noticing the rocks. I found some nice smooth ones like these.

So I played around with some crochet cotton and made kind of a little sling for the rock, then I made some chains to hold them in and a chain to go around the neck. Voila! Rock necklaces!


So, I called Sloan in from her beloved tree swing and gave her a rock necklace! You wouldn't believe how happy she was! You don't know this, but the girl loves rocks! She has boxes of them hiding under her bed!



I found this new recipe for snickerdoodles over at Post Punk Kitchen Blog. I had to try them! My daughter told me that cayenne pepper and chocolate is a great mix in cookies! I did cut back a little on the cayenne. I thought they were great and the family liked them too. I might try them again without the cayenne.


Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles

For the topping
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

For the cookies
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
3 tablespoons almond milk (I used skim milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon chocolate extract (or more vanilla)
1 2/3 cup flour (I used 1 cup flour and 2/3 cup whole wheat flour)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cayenne (I used about 1/3 teaspoon)

Heat the oven to 350 degrees.

Whisk the dry ingredients in a bowl.

Mix the topping ingredients in a small bowl.

In a mixer beat the oil and sugar. Add the maple syrup, almond milk and extracts. Mix in the dry ingredients. Roll into walnut size balls and then roll into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart, they will spread. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool.





Cheri at It's So Very Cheri is having a huge contest! There are lots of prizes to win and lots of chances!

There's another great giveaway over at Veater Family: Adventures!

Here's one more contest at HomeSpunThreads!


No comments: