My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

PMS Chocolate Mint Cookies


I was over at The Hungry Housewife Blog looking at her cookie recipes, you know me with cookies! Anyway, I wanted to make some cookies for the kids to have after school and swim team today and I found this recipe for PMS Chocolate Mint Cookies! Sloan just loves anything chocolate and mint!

PMS Chocolate Mint Cookies

1 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups mint chocolate chips

Heat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl whisk the flour, cocoa powder and salt.

In a mix beat the butter and sugar for 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs and extracts. Mix in the flour mixture until well mixed. Blend in the chips.

Drop by cookie scoop onto cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or just until the tops are set. Don't over bake or the cookies will be hard. Let sit on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then remove to a cookie rack to cool.




3 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

Carol..you are welcome to use my "keeping you smiling" on your blog, too!!! Wasn't that cute??? I know that our precious Lord has a sense of humor, too!!! About your recipe...does the PMS stand for what I think it does...if so....I bet they would be good for old menopausal women like me, too!!! HA! HA! Hope you have a blessed day!!

Its So Very Cheri said...

I just want to know how you don't weigh 400 lbs.

cheri

Sharinskishe said...

Yes! I need these cookies! PMS-Proverbial Munchies Syndrome. I seem to be always in the munching mood as of late. I would love to snack as I study, but thank goodness I don't have very many munchies in the house to choose from!

By the time I get my diploma in June, I would be 1000 pounds if I started munching! However, I really need to try these cookies out. Then if I followed your example and began running, I would be able to have my munchies and eat them too, not just wish I could have them.

Thanks for your great fitness example, I hope that someday it will rub off on me!

Shari