My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Yogurt Cornbread

My daughter drove down with her three kid-lets for a mini vacation. It's so much fun having them around! I forgot how quiet a home can be! This is my grandson Reese encouraging my granddaughter Amelia to come in through the dogie door! She can't turn the doorknob. (Yes, that's ugly foam insulation in the corner, and no molding around the door. My sweet hubby never completely finishes a project at our house, it's his only flaw. Don't tell him!)


She's almost through! Know I'll show you the cornbread!




Everyone loved this cornbread. It's more of the old fashioned style, not the cakey kind. Next time I'll make them all in ramekins, because the family loved them the most!

Yogurt Cornbread

1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon soda
2 eggs
1/4 cup buttermilk, I used milk with 1 teaspoon vinegar
1 1/4 cups yogurt
1/4 cup oil

Heat oven to 425. Grease an 8 inch springform or deep cake pan. I used a 8 inch square pan and two ramekins.

In a small bowl whisk the eggs, yogurt and buttermilk. Measure the dry ingredients into another bowl and whisk. Whisk in the wet ingredients until just mixed. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake for 20-25 minutes, ramekins about 15. It's best served hot!

No comments: