My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Amish Friendship Bread Waffles and Hubbies REO Firetruck!

This is my sweet hubbies pride and joy! It's his 1930's REO Firetruck. He was washing it this morning. He can't really take it through a car wash with the open cab!
Do you notice the holes in the knees of his jeans? I'm stealing them from him real soon to make some more pot holders!





I like this recipe because you can make it up the night before. I didn't, I made it and used it right away, and my family ate all of them except one square! I forgot to take a picture of the big ones, so here's the one lonely square!

Amish Friendship Bread Waffles


Sponge

1 cup flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 cups buttermilk, I used milk with 2 tablespoons vinegar
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter

Batter

2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soda

In a large bowl whisk the dry ingredients from the sponge, then add the buttermilk (warm it a little in the microwave) and the starter and whisk. sponge ingredients. Cover with plastic and let sit at room temperature overnight, or as long as possible.

Mix the batter ingredients and add them to the sponge and whisk. Cook in a hot greased waffle iron per manufacturers instructions.



1 comment:

ImagineCozy said...

Hi Carol,

I have a bag of Amish friendship Bread starter on my counter right now! We are on about day 6. I think we may just have to try your waffles.

Fun picture of your husband with his "treasure".