My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Works-For-Me-Wednesday and Mud Hens


Here are three of my favorite products and the bottles I like to keep them in -




I like to save different kinds of bottles when I get a good one with a pump. The little Dove bottle is the one I keep No More Tears Shampoo in. I use it to take off my makeup. It works especially good on eye makeup! The next two are the ones I keep my Vaseline Intensive Care Hand Lotion in. I like to keep one on my nightstand and the triangular one looks nice. The other one is nice to have nearby the couch where I like to watch tv. The Aveno one I refill with my Olay face moisturiser. I would much rather use a pump than a regualr bottle. So before you throw away a bottle see if you can reporpuse it for something else!
Now head on over to We Are That Family to see what everyone else is up to for Works For Me Wednesday!





This is a recipe that my grandma used to make. This is the recipe card that I still have in her handwriting. She's been gone a long time, but every time I make these and use her handwritten recipe I think of her and I remember going to her house as a child. She would give my brother and me cookies and these were one of our favorites. These cookies make up pretty fast and they have a wonderful caramely brown sugar flavor!




Mud Hens


2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter
4 egg yolks
2 egg whites
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped

Topping

2 egg whites
1 cup brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan with Pam.

Cream the butter and brown sugar, add the egg yolks and egg whites and beat well. Add the flour and baking powder and mix.

Spread in the greased pan. If you're using the walnuts, spread them over the crust. My family doesn't like nuts, so I left them out.

In another bowl, beat the 2 egg whites until very frothy. Add the brown sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.

Spread the brown sugar meringue over the crust. Bake for 35 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.




No comments: