My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Time on the swing, Tomato and Cucumber Salad and a contest







This is Chauncey swinging in our front yard with his dog Seamus. Can you believe a dog likes to swing? I think it's attention!






I came across this recipe the other day in a cookbook. I was looking for a salad that would use up some extra tomatoes and cucumbers that I had. I love this salad! It is so colorful and easy to make! It would be good with some mozzarella cheese in it too! I doubled the recipe, to use up all the tomatoes. It tasted even better the next day!

Tomato and Cucumber Salad

2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 large tomatoes, cubed
2 small cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes
2 green onions, sliced
4 radishes, sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, I only had dried, so I just threw some in
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill, I only had dried, so I just sprinkled some on

Whisk the first 5 ingredients in a bowl; add the tomatoes and remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Serves 4-6.

Head on over to It's So Very Cheri for a great contest!

Another great contest is at Sweet Life In The Valley! You could win something from Down East Basics! I love their Clothes!



No comments: