My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Some Family Pictures, Jam Tea Cake and a Contest

This is my oldest son Mark and his sweet wife Akvile! They flew down from Seattle for the weekend. They are still newlyweds, they were married last August! They had to leave yesterday....sniff...

This was a quick picture before they left. Mark is on the left, then Chauncey, me, Sloan and Akvile. We couldn't find my sweet hubby. I was getting ready to head out for a long run that's why I had the piggy tails!


I found this recipe last night and thought it would be nice for breakfast before my kids left this morning. This Tea Cake is like a coffee cake. It is a nice moist cake with a burst of fruit, and the almond flavor is wonderful. I should of taken a picture before I put the glaze on because there are pretty swirls of jam. I made it for breakfast, but it would make a great dessert too!

Jam Tea Cake

1 1/2 cups flour (I added 2 more tablespoons flour for high altitude)
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon soda
Pinch of salt
4 tablespoons butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup yogurt
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
1/2 to 2/3 cups thick fruit jam, preserves or all-fruit spread

Glaze

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon melted butter
3-4 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Mix altogether and drizzle over cake.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch sprinform pan, or an 8 inch square cake pan.

In a bowl whisk the dry ingredients. In another mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes. Beat in the yogurt, eggs and almond extract. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake for 25-30 minutes.


Head on over to
My Frugal Lifestyle for a great contest for Scentsy!


2 comments:

Amy said...

thank you so much for the award. it was my first, too.

I grew up with miniature schnauzers. How much are you going to sell them for? What are the genders?

mail4rosey said...

Yum, that would be a great breakfast. Copying the recipe. T/Y!