My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Homemade Twix




I was poking around on some blogs the other day and I found this recipe for Homemade Twix candy bars. I thought this looked like a fun, easy no bake treat for summer. It went together pretty fast. The hard part was waiting for the chocolate to set up! I found the recipe at Hoosier Homemade, but I made a couple of changes. She had peanut butter in the chocolate topping and I wanted it to be more like a Twix bar, so I added some shortening to thin out the chocolate chips (which I also doubled) a little. My daughter is very picky and doesn't like peanut butter and chocolate together.

Homemade Twix

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
Buttery Club Cracker Rectangles (enough for two layers in a 9x13 pan)
2 cups chocolate chips

Spray a 9x13 pan and cover the bottom of the pan with the buttery crackers.

In a medium saucepan heat the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, sugar, butter and milk until it boils. Boil and stir for 5 minutes. Pour over the crackers and spread. Cover with another layer of crackers.



Heat the 2 cups of chocolate chips and the 3 tablespoons of shortening in the microwave until melted. I heat for a minute, stir, then 30 seconds and stir and another 30 seconds and stir. Pour over carmel and spread. Refrigerate until chocolate is set, then cut.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

That crazy girl! Missing out on one terrific flavor profile, in my opinion. Anywho, those look YUMMY!