My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Double Chocolate Banana Muffin Tops

I wanted to fix something different for breakfast the other morning. Something different, but fast and easy. We don't eat cold cereal, and my daughter Sloan is kind of a picky eater. So, it needed to be something she'd like. So I was thinking something with chocolate. Then I remembered seeing a recipe for muffin tops. I found the recipe, but totally changed it. My bananas weren't mushy, so you can see pieces of them in the muffin, which the kids liked. I added some whole wheat flour, you know, just to make it a little healthier. Oh, wait, can you do that if they're double chocolate? The kids loved them, my sweet hubby said they were a keeper, so here they are.



Double Chocolate Banana Muffin Tops

2 bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
3 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well blended. Add the wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes. Makes 12 muffin tops.



1 comment:

Jennie said...

Someone gave us a loaf of banana bread with chocolate chips in it once. I bet these would be just like that, only in a handy individual sized portion. So I wouldn't eat the whole loaf in one sitting!