My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Work For Me Wednesday - A great summer morning breakfast! Cornmeal Blueberry Pancakes

First you have to see the pictures from our hike the other day! This is one of our favorite trails! I forgot, the post with the Amish Friendship Bread Starter Pancakes will be later on this week, sorry!




We went for a gorgeous hike the other day. We started out at the creek where there are two sets of bridges. This is my husband Ken and our son Chauncey with his dog Seamus.

This is Sloan with Seamus.



Time to hug a tree!
You can't see it, but there's a little creek here. It's one of my favorite little spots along the trail, it's so green! (I live in Utah, which is a desert state!) The old bottomless pail hanging in the tree is a marker for another trail.

It was in the high 80's out during our hike, but the trail was shady and cool.

This is above a retaining wall above a highway.



We went to Costco the other night and they had blueberries! Here's my new pancake recipe I came up with to use some in! The batter has a nice yellow color from the cornmeal and they cooked up really nice! These are a great summer breakfast treat, and for my kids it would work for dinner too!


Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes


2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
5 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons soda
4 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
1 cup yogurt
3 eggs
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup or so blueberries

Put all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and whisk with a wire whisk. Mix the eggs, oil, milk and yogurt with a whisk in another bowl. Add the egg mixture to the dry mixture and whisk just until mixed. Spray a hot griddle or frying pan with Pam and ladle a 1/2 cup or so pancake mix onto hot griddle. Sprinkle with blueberries when the pancake starts to bubble flip and cook on the other side. Serve with syrup and more blueberries.

My daughter over at Tuffets is in the Iron Cupcake Challange! She has come up with 2 wonderful cupcakes, and she needs your help! Please go to No One Puts Cupcakes In A Corner and vote for her 2 cupcakes! They are Strawberry Balsamic Cupcake and Alien Blueberry Cupcakes. Thanks for helping her out!




3 comments:

Sharinskishe said...

Your pancakes sound wonderful. I will have to find me some more blueberries now so I can try them.

I love the photos from your hike. I'm a Utahn too and It so looks like home. (I'm in Saratoga Springs)

Have a wonderful day.

Amy {The Red Chair Blog} said...

Hi Carol,

Thanks for stopping by my blog today to say hello and for sharing the link to your colander and clock light fixture! When I read your description, I knew that I HAD to see it to believe it :) What fun! Your recipes look yummy too! I'm going to hop over to your homemade yogurt post as soon as I finish this comment!

Amy

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I don't know if you saw the post on my blog that featured the cupcakes from our bakery. I am always interested in people who bake and most especially are into things that are different. We have been seeing more and more cupcakes at the bakery and they are so pretty..and HUGE. I will co visit your daughter.
Thanks so much... :)
Mona