My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Brownies Made With Amish Friendship Bread Starter and a contest

Meet our new friend Bella! We're doggie sitting for her while her family is away for a few weeks. She's an English Sheep dog. She's really big! She is fun to have around, she's very gentle and loves playing with our two Mini Schnauzer's! My kids just love her!


This is Bella's kennel. The kids thought it looked like a fun place to hang out! Bella doesn't seem to mind sharing her kennel! Don't worry, they can unlatch it themselves!









My daughter Sloan wanted me to come up with a recipe for brownies with the Amish Friendship Bread Starter. So I played around a little in the kitchen and came up with these brownies. They are a little different because they have oil in them, and not as much cocoa powder as my other brownie recipe, but they bake up with a good chocolate flavor and they're really moist and good!


Brownies Made With Amish Friendship Bread Starter

3/4 cup oil
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool and cut.

The sides rose up a lot, but that's the good part!


Head over to sweetlifeinthevalley@gmail.com and enter her contest to win a tuffet pillow! Just answer all her questions, and you could win! Good luck!




1 comment:

Megan said...

I love this recipe. I ALWAYS have more starter then I can give away. Now I can make brownies and bread! A winning combo if I ever heard of one. I've been thinking of the Friendship starter lately too.