My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Kids Love Pancakes



My kids love pancakes! My daughter especially loves them with chocolate chips in them. I think they could eat them every morning! We don’t eat cold cereal at our house. My kids could finish a whole box, and it still wouldn’t keep them from starving to death before lunch, so I always fix a hot breakfast.


Here’s a recipe I ran across a couple of weeks ago. It’s from an old cookbook my church put together on food storage. I got this cookbook when I was a teenager. This is pancakes made from whole wheat, and you make it in your blender. It’s supper easy, and the pancakes are light and fluffy, a real keeper recipe!




I have a huge recipe book collection. My daughter over at Tuffet suggested that I pick several cookbooks and try 3 recipes out of them, until I've worked my way through the whole collection. She's has such good ideas! So I'm going to be working on that! I buy most of them at our local second hand store (D.I.) I always find such good ones! I actually like to just sit and read them, but I love it when they have pictures! More to drool over I guess!





Blender Pancakes


2 ½ cups whole wheat kernels

2 cups milk

Put the milk and the whole wheat in your blender with the lid on and puree on high for 2 minutes. Pour this mixture into a bowl and add-

2 eggs

¼ teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon soda

1 tablespoon honey, I used molasses, spray the measuring spoon with Pam first

¼ cup oil

Mix all together the egg, and oil, add the wheat and milk mixture, whisk, then add the baking powder, salt and baking soda and mix well. Fry on hot griddle. You can sprinkle chocolate chips or blueberries on before you flip them.


Try serving these with equal parts melted butter and honey!





















































Quick Maple Syrup

2 cups sugar

1 ½ cups boiling water

1 teaspoon maple flavoring

Put all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until sugar is dissolved. I like to put it in a jar with a lid and shake. So quick and simple. My family goes through so much of this that I changed the original recipe from 1 cup water to 1 ½ cups and no one can tell!



No comments: