My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

I Stand all Amazed and He is Risen~A Song For Sunday

 

I love the arrangements of these two songs together.I want to share something else with you this Easter morning, my testimony.

I testify that Jesus Christ is the Savior of this world and the only begotten Son of God in the flesh. He did in fact suffer the atonement in the garden of Gethsemane and was nailed to the cross where he laid down his life for all mankind of his own free will; a gift of  ultimate love. Jesus was then resurrected on the 3rd day severing the bands of death forever. I love my elder brother with all my heart and soul.

I Stand All Amazed

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully He proffers me;
I tremble to know that for me He was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, He suffered, He bled and died.

O it is wonderful that He should care for me
Enough to die for me!
O it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

I marvel that He would descend from His throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine;
That He should extend His great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.

I think of His side, pierced and bleeding to pay the debt,
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no! I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
And testify all my desires He doth fully meet.

He is Risen Hymn

Said the angel, “He is risen!”
Tell it out with joyful voice:
He has burst His three days’ prison;
Let the whole wide earth rejoice:
Death is conquered, we are free,
Christ has won the victory.

Come, ye sad and fearful hearted,
With glad smile and radiant brow!
Death’s long shadows have departed;
All our woes are over now,
Due to passion that He bore
Sin and pain can vex no more.

Come, with high and holy hymning,
Chant our Lord’s triumphant day;
Not one darksome cloud is dimming
Yonder glorious morning ray,
Breaking over the purple east:
Brighter far our Easter feast.


He is risen, He is risen!
He has opened heaven’s gate:
We are free from sin’s dark prison,
Risen to a holier state;
And a brighter Easter beam
On our longing eyes shall stream.

No comments: