Although Earth Day is technically once a year, there are little things that you can do all year long that will help our environment. Here are 10 easy tips to get you started:
- Review labels of household cleaners you use. Consider alternatives like baking soda, scouring pads, water or a little more elbow grease.
- Leave grass clippings on the yard-they decompose and return nutrients to the soil.
- Paint with brushes or rollers instead of using spray paints to minimize harmful emissions.
- Join a carpool or vanpool to get to work.
- Buy rechargeable batteries for devices used frequently.
- Keep your thermostat at 68 in winter and 78 in summer.
- Plant trees to shade your home.
- Connect your outdoor lights to a timer.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs to save money and energy.
- Reuse items like bags and containers when possible.
Make Earth Day count for you and your family this year!! In all fifty states on Earth Day, families will get outside, appreciate our planet and do good things for the Earth – and their collective actions are going to count, big time. B Kind 2 Earth Day is a project of Nickelodeon, the National Wildlife Federation, TheMotherhood.com and incredible bloggers across the country.
Stop by and join the movement on Facebook.
Disclosure:~I am one of the Utah State Leader for B Kind 2 Earth Day. I received no compensation. I wanted to share this with all of you because it is important to me!