My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Allens Vegetables Review

image

Generations of families have grown up enjoying vegetables from Allens. Since 1926 we’ve been packing a variety of products including beans, greens, spinach, and sweet potatoes. We invite you to explore our website and see all the other nutritious and delicious ways Allens can enhance your eating experience.  Yes, all of Allens' labels canned products are gluten free.

image

image

Seasoned Black Beans

See the recipe below. These would also be good mixed with salsa and corn.

image

Seasoned Butter Beans

I used these in a dip similar to the one below and ooh, it was so yummy!

image

Lady Cream Peas

I used these is a dip similar to the one below and it turned out wonderful.

image

Boiled Peanuts~Cajun Style

If you’ve never had boiled peanuts this is an easy way to have them. My family didn’t care for them but I loved them!

P3310057

Spicy Black Bean Dip

1 can Allen’s Spicy Black Beans

2 tablespoons salsa

1 tablespoons oil

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon onion powder

salt & pepper to taste

Put everything in a food processor and process for 2~3 or until totally pureed.

You can connect with Allens on these social media’s, Facebook and Twitter.

~I received a product sample in order to write my review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed are mine.

No comments: