My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

How I Keep My Family Happy

For me being a mom is a super big responsibility. I’m the one that keeps our household running smoothly. I’m the one that provides order. Yup, you’re right, I’m tooting my own horn here. I don’t think I’m any different than any other mom. If we don’t get the ball rolling, things don’t get done. So, I guess what I’m saying is making our home a safe haven from the world is how I keep my family happy.

I’m a stay at home mom, so I have time to do most of the housework. My kids still have a few chores, but over the years I’ve learned that it’s easier to do things myself instead of waiting for a kid to do it. That doesn’t mean that I don’t ask the kids to help with things around the house. I think it’s important for kids to learn how to do household chores. Part of being a family is working together.

In the scriptures the Lord (D&C 132:8) says that my house is a house of order. I think as a mom that’s one of my main jobs, to keep things running smoothly. Keeping the house picked up and the meals prepared at the normal times helps keep things running smoothly. I think that makes my family happy.

I have learned over the years that yelling at my kids doesn’t really accomplish anything, so I will talk sternly to them, but I don’t raise my voice. In return, I have two amazing teenagers that don’t talk back to me. This in itself helps all of us to get along better together and makes us all happy.

I also keep my family happy by being constant. I will always listen to what they have to say and I’m always in a cheerful mood. The cheerful mood part is just me, I’m just a very upbeat person.

I keep my family happy by helping to keep us all on schedule for all of our activities and by making our home someplace where my family wants to be. I want our home to be a place to escape to, not a place where my family wants to escape from.

I would love to hear your tips on how you keep your family happy!

“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Farm Rich blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”

No comments: