My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Daddy A GoGo~Grandkid Rock~CD Review

                     image

DADDY A GO GO SAYS:

WHO NEEDS KID ROCK WHEN YOU’VE GOT

‘GRANDKID ROCK’?

Why Grandkid Rock? John Boydston explains, “Grandparents are cool, beloved, and cherished, which is why on each of my CDs there are a couple of songs with shout-outs to them. I thought why not put some of those tunes together and share a little grandparental love? I even re-tracked the lyrics on ‘I Caught My Daddy Watching Cartoons,’ making the old guy even older yet.”

Multi-award-winning children’s rock and roll recording artist Daddy A Go Go, a.k.a. Atlanta stay-at-home dad John Boydston, enthusiastically announces the April 19 release of his eighth CD, Grandkid Rock (Boyd’s Tone Records, $11.99, run time 40 minutes, for ages 3 – 10).

A leading advocate for rock and roll in kids’ music, former CNN producer John Boydston has been “rocking out and raving on” for families since 1998.  The acclaim has been tremendous.  Five Daddy A Go Go CDs have made Amazon.com’s “Best of the Year” critics’ list.  Come on, Get Happy (The Best of Daddy A Go Go, Volume I) was included this past November on the AOL ParentDish “Top 25 Albums for Kids” list.   Monkey in the Middle and Mojo A Go Go were honored with the prestigious Parents’ Choice® Award.  The Washington Post credited Daddy A Go Go with helping change the face of kids’ music by moving “playroom tunes into the pop-rock era.”   Kids’ music authority Warren Truitt (About.com/Children’s Music) characterized Boydston’s albums as “full of puns, parental pop music winks, and headbanging riffs … John Boydston lets the jokes fly and the rock and roll thunder.”  Daily Candy Kids declared, “Not some watered-down musician for wee ones, Boydston isn’t afraid to shred some serious guitar riffs.”

This is such a fun album for kids! Here’s a few songs I really enjoyed~

Ants in My Pants

I Caught My Granddad Watching Cartoons

It’s Hard To Be A Kid

I shared this album with the kiddo’s I babysit and we were all singing along as we learned the words. We listened to it for several hours and the kids didn’t get tired of it!

You can purchase a copy here!

You can connect with Daddy A GoGo on these social media’s, Facebook and Twitter.

~I received a product sample in order to write my review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed are mine.

No comments: