My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Thumbprint Cookies

PC241571 

Chauncey and Sloan went over to make Christmas cookies with my mom and this was the favorite one that they made. These cookies have such a nice rich flavor and they just melt in your mouth.

Thumbprint Cookies

2 cups lour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup butter

1/2 cup sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Jam, any kind

In a bowl whisk the flour and salt.

In a mixer beat the sugar and butter for 3 minutes. Mix in the flour mixture 1 cup at a time until well mixed. Put in a covered bowl and chill for 2 hours.

Heat oven to 325. Shape cough into 1 inch balls and space them 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Make a deep thumbprint in the center of each and fill with jam.

Bake for 15 minutes or until cookies are the color of pale sand. Transfer to wire racks to cool.

4 comments:

Pegs said...

I've made similar thumbprint cookies before - except with a recipe that only requires butter/sugar/flour & jam.

Which actually make them perfect when attempting to bake for the first time with a bunch of youngsters.

Awesome cookies :)

Devonay said...

Those look yummy! I'm going to have to try them. I love the new banner!

Jen @ lil Mop Top said...

I made those with my son last week (probably a similar recipe). It was perfect because my son is allergic to eggs. We don't like jam so we topped them with hershey kisses and peanut butter cups. YUMMY! :)

Marcey said...

I have a similar recipe but you roll the cookie in chopped walnuts before you do the thumbprint. The recipe came from my Grandma.