My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Duncan Hines Review

 

                            Duncan Hines

About Duncan Hines:

Duncan Hines just introduced their newest line of Decadent Cake Mixes- Triple Chocolate and Apple Caramel. Triple Chocolate has real chocolate chunks and rich fudge, and the Apple Caramel has real apples and rich caramel! Neither cake contains Trans Fat or Hydrogenated Oils!

Their other new product is the Decadent Glazes- available in Vanilla and Chocolate. This is a whole new way to top your desserts- just Microwave and Pour on! Yum! the unique feature of the Glazes- is they are not as heavy or sweet as traditional frosting, and they give a very polished, professional look to your cakes!


I was really excited when I had the opportunity to review the Triple Chocolate Decadent Cake and the Apple Caramel Decadent Cake mixes.

PA271143 

I thought the Triple Chocolate Decadent Cake was good, but it just didn’t taste as good as a regular Duncan Hines Chocolate Cake mix is. I guess I could say it tasted processed. It was good and it is easier than making it from scratch.

I love the Glazes! They are super fast and easy to use. Just microwave for 30 seconds and squeeze them on. They taste really good too. They are so handy for when you just want a little something on a dessert. We used the Chocolate Glaze on the Triple Chocolate Cake.

PA271142

I actually liked this Carmel cake better than the Triple Chocolate. This cake is really moist also, but I thought the flavors were better. On this cake we used the Vanilla Glaze and it was just perfect!

~I received a product sample in order to write my review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed are mine.

No comments: