My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Soft and Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookies

We arrived home from our trip to Maine around 10:30pm Thursday night. My sweet hubby had to go to Denver, Colorado Wednesday morning on a business trip. He won't be home until tomorrow. So I'm posting this picture of him from our little trip to Paris, Idaho right before we flew to Maine. (I don't have very many pictures of him) I posting this picture of him because I miss him! It's been almost 3 weeks since I've seen him!

I made these cookies while I was in Maine. I love making cookies for the grandkids and my kids! This recipe makes a lot, but I kept hearing little feet running through the kitchen when I had my back turned, so every time I took a new batch out of the oven, there wasn't many left from the previous batch! These are nice and soft and kind of cakey.

Soft and Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookies

1cup butter shortening
1/2 cup butter
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons salt
4 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoons vanilla
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl whisk the dry ingredients.

Cream sugar into shortening. Add milk and vanilla beat until fluffy. Blend in egg. Then add dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chips.


Drop by teaspoon onto greased baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes for chewy cookies or 10-13 minutes for crispy cookies. ENJOY!!!




No comments: