My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Healthy Blueberry Muffins

I found this recipe in my July Shape Magazine. I was able to catch up on some of my magazines while we had our 3 hour layover at JFK on our way to Maine. This recipe caught my eye because it's low fat and heart healthy! Love that! So, I whipped them up for everyone this morning and they were a big hit!

Healthy Blueberry Muffins

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup quick oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
1 egg
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
*2 teaspoons sugar

Topping

1/4 cup blueberry all fruit spread
24 blueberries (I used frozen)

Heat oven to 375. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with Pam.

In a bowl whisk the dry ingredients. Mix in the blueberries to the dry ingredients and toss well to coat. In a small bowl whisk the wet ingredients. Combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix well. Scoop into muffin tins with a 1/2 cup ice cream scoop. Sprinkle with the *2 teaspoons of sugar. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Revove from the oven and make a small indentation on the top of each muffin. Add a teaspoon of the fruit spread and top with 2 blueberries. Return to the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, if you can wait that long! We didn't, but be careful, the blueberries are hot!





2 comments:

Team Chastain said...

I think I just need to go ahead and start a new recipe notebook specifically for your recipes! LOL You always seem to have the yummiest looking ones! I'm building up quite the "Songberries" collection. :)

Gen said...

That looks yummy!