My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Rich Whole Wheat Bread

Here's another great whole wheat bread recipe I found. I really like to feed my family a good whole wheat bread. I think it kind of makes up for some of the stuff they eat that's not so good! This bread is nice and moist and has a great texture.

Rich Whole Wheat Bread

4 1/2 cups hot water
3 tablespoons yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup honey
2/3 cup powdered milk
2 teaspoons salt
8-9 cups whole wheat flour

In a mixer fitted with a dough hook, pour the water, sprinkle the yeast over the water and sprinkle the sugar over the yeast. Let sit for 5 minutes.

Add the butter, honey, powdered milk and 4 cups of the flour. Mix for 2 minutes, add the salt and the flour cup by cup until it just starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Let knead for 8 minutes. Remove to a greased bowl and cover with a towel. Let sit in a warm place until it doubles in size.

Punch dough down and on a greased counter top form into loaves. Place in loaf pans that have been sprayed with Pam. I made 4 loaves. Let rise on top of stove covered with a towel while the oven heats up to 350, I let them rise for 30 minutes.

Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.




1 comment:

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

Lovely color! I bet it fabulous fresh out of the oven!!