My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Gooey Upside Down German Chocolate Cake


This recipe just spoke to me, well, I knew the family would love it! I found it over at Tidymom. I didn't have a German Chocolate Cake Mix, I just used a regular chocolate cake mix and it worked great. German Chocolate is just a milder chocolate, so use what you love. Next time I'm going to use my favorite chocolate cake recipe!


Gooey Upside Down German Chocolate Cake


1 cup coconut

1 cup pecans, chopped

1 box German Chocolate Cake mix

1 pound (4 cups) powdered sugar

1- 8oz cream cheese, softened

1 cup butter, melted


Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle coconut and pecans in bottom of pan

Prepare cake mix per box instructions, pour over coconut and pecans. Mix sugar, cheese and butter in medium bowl until well blended Pour/spoon over cake batter - do NOT mix in. Bake 50-55 minutes.




4 comments:

1 Funky Woman said...

Yum I want a piece! Great recipe, I'm saving this now!

This Mama Rocks said...

Wow this looks amazing! Thanks for stopping by the featured blog! :)

Kelly Polizzi said...

that looks delish!

Rose said...

way too good. do you deliver? have a good Sunday.