My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Cinnamon Twists

I came up with this recipe the other morning and everyone loved it. These are super simple to make and taste like you went to a lot of work.

Cinnamon Twists

2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon soda
3 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 - 1/3 cup water

Glaze

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
milk

Heat oven to 450 degrees.

In a large bowl whisk the dry ingredients. Stir in the sour cream and enough water to make a nice dough. Put on a floured counter top and knead 3 to 4 times. Pat out to about 1/4 inch thick. Spread with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Fold in half and cut into strips. Pick up each strip and give it a couple of twists as you put it on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Glaze.

Glaze

Mix powdered sugar, melted butter, vanilla and enough milk to make a glaze. I like to use a whisk to mix it well. Drizzle over cinnamon twists.

5 comments:

Momrempel said...

Yummy! Thanks for stopping by and following me! I am already following your super great blog:) Have a great Friday!

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

YUMMO. I just had my yogurt and bran cereal for breakfast - healthy but boring - but those look AMAZING!!! Can I just crawl through the net into your kitchen please?

Jennifer @ Heavenly Mommy said...

Boy, that looks yummy!

Rose said...

looks good and easy to do. thanks have a good weekend

Inspiring You To Save! said...

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love you blog! Very cute layout. Hopefully you like my blog and I will be added to your huge list of blogs at the bottom of your page.