My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 21, 2010

I made them again! Another Chocolate Chip Cookie!


I don't know what my problem is! I keep finding more chocolate chip cookie recipes that I want to try! Why am I so tempted to try yet another chocolate chip cookie recipe? I have made several that my family loves, so it's not like I'm hunting for the best one! Maybe it's because they're all just a little different and I like trying them to see how they taste. My family doesn't seem to complain! Well, don't be surprised if you find me making yet another chocolate chip cookie recipe. I'm thinking about giving them their own label!

So I tried this recipe from Confessions of a Bake A Holic because they only have shortening in them. I think this is a great cookie, not cakey at all and nice and moist, rich and chippy!


Her Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼-½ teaspoon almond extract
¾ cup shortening
3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups of chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk the dry ingredients in a bowl.

Cream sugars, eggs, vanilla, almond and shortening. Add dry ingredients. Mix in chocolate chips.
Form the dough into teaspoon size cookies (they will look tiny, but will puff up into the perfect bite size cookie). Bake for 6-8 (I had to bake mine about 12 minutes) minutes, until they just barely start to brown. Cool on a wire rack.


No comments: