My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Works-For-Me-Wednesday and Abelskiver-Danish




Since it's Wednesday I'm hooking up with We Are That Family for Works-For-Me-Wednesday.

I keep my collection of running shoes on this rack on the inside of our downstairs bathroom. Sometimes my trail shoes can get a little stinky. Yup, really bad if I've been through a creek or mud. So I give them a little spray of Lysol inside and toss in a couple of these cedar balls. I found them on the aisle with the laundry bags and stuff at Walmart. They really help control the odor. Just don't forget to take them out of your shoes before you put them on, yup, I've been sleepy and shoved my foot right in! lol

Kind of cute too, and your kids or grandkids will want to play with them.






Chauncey has been asking me to make Abelskivers again so I had him help me. I found this recipe in an old cookbook, and these were the best Abelskivers! You need a special Abelskiver pan to make these. They are super easy to make, and taste like little fluffy pancake balls. Chauncey likes jam in his and Sloan likes chocolate chips in hers.

Abelskiver-Danish

2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 3/4 cup milk
4 eggs, separated
jam
powdered sugar
Chocolate chips or jam or both, for centers

Heat a Abelskiver pan and spray with Pam.

In a bowl whisk the dry ingredients.

Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Beat the milk, egg yolks and butter with a fork.

Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just mixed. Gently fold in the egg whites.



Scoop about 2 tablespoons batter into each cup in the pan. Put 1 teaspoon of jam in the center and top with a teaspoon of batter.


Cook until golden. Flip with a fork and cook until golden. Remove to a plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar.






No comments: