My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Brownies

I hope you're not getting tired of my brownie recipes. I still had one more brownie I wanted to try. I was thinking cream cheese would go really well with the peanut butter layer, so I came up with these brownies. The family, except Sloan, who doesn't like peanut butter and chocolate together, loved these!

Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Brownies

2/3 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
12 tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups flour

Cheesecake Layer

2 8oz packages cream cheese
1/2-1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup chocolate chips

Frosting

1/2 cup butter, melted
3 1/2 -4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons cocoa
milk

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with Pam.

In a bowl whisk the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.

In a mixer beat the sugar and shortening for 2-3 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla mixing well. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Scoop into prepared pan and smooth with a knife.

Cheesecake Layer

Beat cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar, beating well. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour over brownie layer and smooth. Bake for 45 minutes or until it is not real jiggly in the center. Cool and frost.

Frosting

In a bowl whisk the powdered sugar and cocoa. Mix in the butter and vanilla adding enough milk to make a good frosting.

4 comments:

Meg said...

I'm going to pretend I haven't seen this. After I've made a batch. Maybe.

Unknown said...

I'm not looking - I'm not looking - lol okay -I looked. I think I gained 3 pounds just looking at the picture :)

Jen said...

Oh my goodness. These look delightful. The snow is coming down like you wouldn't believe and it's Spring Break. Ugh. Maybe tomorrow we'll make your brownies to pass a few hours. Hope your Easter was wonderful!

Jenny said...

My son-in-law would love these! They sound really delicious!