My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://songberries.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

eShakti Review and World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies





There's a wonderful company out there called eShakti! They contacted me and asked me if I'd like to do a review of something from their clothing line. Of course I said YES! I picked this super cute denim skirt with black hummingbirds embroidered on it with a flouncy black netting ruffle that peeps out from under the skirt. I love the A-line shape of this skirt and I really like the waist. It has no gathers and a side zipper with a drawstring waist. The denim is super soft, and I love the longer length of the skirt. I love to feel the fabric float about my legs when I walk, and I think it looks super feminine!



Ok, here's a little secret about me~ I have my eyes shut in pictures a lot! I forgot to ask Chauncey to make sure he got my eyes open, and this is the only picture he took, so this is what you get. lol

The craftsmanship of this skirt is gorgeous and fits me perfectly. eShakti offers clothing sized from 0 to 26W on every style! VERY cool! Looking for that perfect little black dress? Not only will you find it here, but you can opt to have it tailored to your body for a small additional fee. ($15 per garment.) Money very well spent! I love that eShakti carries so many different types and styles of clothing. From blouses & tunics, to skirts, dresses, and pants. All the way to accessories like necklaces, earrings and bracelets! Of course this is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. I strongly urge you all to check them out!

You can also follow eShakti on facebook, that way you can find out all the news!


Don't forget to sign up to win 500 Business Cards! You can find all the details here!




My cookie jar has been empty for a while, so I decided to make some Chocolate Chip Cookies. This recipe is from a Blue Ribbon Cookbook from State and County Fairs. These cookies have a moist center and a crispy edges. They have a shiny appearance too which looked really nice.

World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, I used dark brown
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3-4 cups chocolate chips, I used 2

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl whisk the flour, salt and soda.

Beat the sugars and butter for 2-3 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the dry ingredients until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips. Scoop onto cookie sheets with a cookie scoop. Bake for 10-13 minutes. Remove to cookie racks to cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute skirt! My Mom always has her mouth open in photos. We actually have to say "Stop talking!" LOL

Jenna said...

Love the outfit! Very cute!

Melissa said...

Those cookies look amazing!